Tuesday, January 19, 2010

** First Photoshoot **


One of the greatest days of my life. Something that I have been dreaming since I was in my 7th grade that is when i was just 13 years old..! A Dream of becoming a Fashion Designer , a dream of having my own collection , a dream of first my photo shoot.

My theme for my first ever collection is "ELEMENTS OF NATURE". That included Earth, Water, Fire and Air.

Its feels wierd coz i dint want a model to wear my first collection . I wanted to do it all by my self . A shoot with my design and me wearing them.

It was the first time i faced a professional camera. OMG the goosebumps and butterfly in my tummy. I can still feel them.

My parents and my sister told me they were so proud of me. As i achieved what i aimed for at such an early age. First time i cried when they complimented me, all the emotions and tears just wouldn't stop. My friends were quite supportive espeacially Navya. The whole shoot was shot at her place. ~Thank you Navu for helping me out~





The shoot started in the early hours first with my hair style and then the make up. My first shoot was for the WATER - I had blue makeup on..! and when i looked in the mirror i was like Oh My God i have never had soo much makeup on me before.. lol but then it dint really show in the pictures. My garment was a inspiration of sea-horse , the shape and how it curls in and out.










Then came the EARTH - with earthy colors like brown and green, was a crazy thinking of an elephant the hugeness and heaviness as it had. with a touch of brocade fabrics to show and give the bulkiness in the garment.











AIR - was a complete acrobatic photoshoot with me standing on tables and getting the right shade of light in the sky and trying to stand opposite direction of the wind.. I love butterflies and wanted its textures in my garment with fabrics and the cuts in the designs.













And Finally came the FIRE- this was a structured garment that i had designed . The collar was the main emphasis for this garment. Something that keeps u safe and yet give that dangerously sexy look like a lion..







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment